The idea of taking long trips with a stoma can seem daunting. But with a little extra preparation, you can enjoy the trip of a lifetime.
We understand that there are specific questions you may have to help you prepare before travelling. Some of these are:
- Will I be able to get travel Insurance?
- What do I need to think about if I am travelling by plane?
- Will I need to explain to airport security or customs that I have a stoma?
- Will my bag stay in place in the heat?
- Can I swim in the hotel pool or sea?
- Will eating different foods affect my output?
- What will I need to pack?
To get answers to all of these questions and simply register with ConvaTec me+ and receive exclusive access to support and tips on holidaying abroad or at home. Members can also request a FREE Holiday Advice Guide which covers everything from travel insurance to getting through customs as well advice on feeling confident in your holiday clothes and swimming.
The me+ lifestyle advisors are also on hand to provide FREE help and advice. You can speak to them by calling 0800 467 866 UK / 1800 721 721 ROI Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.